First at-home retwist


Nothing major in this post. I just did my first officially retwist at 21 days.

I wanted to wait 6-8 weeks and just do a simple root separation after a shampoo, but I thought that I'd actually had quite a bit of new growth and loads of frizz and loose hair going everywhere, so decided to give it a go.

The process I used was:

(1) spritzed hair with ACV & baking soda solution as pre-wash

(2) washed with Neutrogena Anti-residue Shampoo

(3) spritzed with aloe juice + rose water + rose essential oil mixture

(4) misted over with fractionated coconut oil

(5) did the retwist in clockwise direction, using a tiny amount of Dollylocks Tightening Gel (which is mostly aloe vera gel).

(6) made sure it was properly dried before heading to bed.

 I'm happy with the results.

I was going to do rosewater-only retwists, until I went back to my loctician in the new year for what I am planning to be an annual tidy-up in the long run (but for the first year, good to do it early maybe??), but instead I got the Dollylocks coconut-aloe gel and decided to give it a go.

I like all their products, really nice smell, no residue, etc etc etc -- but after adding on the costs of being imported to the UK, they really are too much money for me to use all the time.

Once I'm done with the bottle I've got (which should really last a very long time, tbh), I think I will follow the same routine above, but just using pure aloe vera gel.

 Next month, I go to the salon to get those grey hairs coloured!



--------

This video is similar to what I did, but I didn't use as much product. I used a very, very tiny bit of aloe-based, water soluble gel smeared thinly over my palms rather than put on a comb and combed into the hair, as Damian Walter does in the video. But other than that, I pretty much followed what he did:





Comments