7 days, 3 shampoos, and 2 hot tub visits later...


Just a quick visual update on how locs change as you go about life.

Went on holiday with the family just a few days after I got my locs by the backcombed-and-crocheted method, and this is a visual progression of life taking it's course.

I know a lot of people dread it (pun intended), but I actually like the fuzzy phase! The locs are softer, nicer to the touch, and they have literally 'settled down' and hang more naturally off my head.

Oh but -- heck-yeah!! -- they have shrunken up about 1/3rd the length of the hair I started with.

length before locs
My friend Becky asked in both seriousness and humour: "Where'd all that hair go?!"

Yuuuuup, the fuzzy flyaway shrinky frizzy shrinky-frizz has taken over like an alien invasion... but still, I love it.

Jillian, a new friend in my social media group DreadSisters, has reassured me that this is all par for the course:

"They will get puffy and then on puffy and then puffy again and then on puffy. I think it has to do with the amount of oil on your scalp, the oil in your products. When mine are dry and freshly washed they are super fuzzy and plump. But even after a couple of days, I can watch them get skinny and kind of slick. And mine are almost 3 years old now. They still do that."

And even though I make big changes like this for myself, it's very nice to know that my partner in life (aka for this blog: TMH - the Marvelous Hubby), absolutely loves it. He thinks getting locs is "one of the best things you've done."

So, all is good and happy, and the journey continues.

Comments