The Annals of The Things I Never Thought To Ask , Part 1: Earrings and Eyeglasses



My baby locs are about 90 hours old.

I'll put together a weekly blog post for a bit, along the lines of 'day one this happened' blah blah blah blah blah -- mainly because when I was researching getting dreadlocks, I honestly couldn't find some tiny bits and bobs of information that I wanted, so I'll plonk it all here in case anyone else on Ye Olde Interwebs is out there searching for similar info.

For today, I will begin the Annals of The Things I Never Thought To Ask.

#1 - Tiny jagged earrings will constantly get caught in your locs. Go for smooth. 


The image here (though not of my hair caught in my own jagged, multi-faceted studs) shows what can happen.

It hurts. It freaks you out that you will slowly go bald. It's kinda self-explanatory this one -- just never something I thought to ask before I got loc'd.


#2 - Your locs can get snagged on the transition spot between the temples and the tips of your eyeglasses.



Who knew?! Never even thought of it before, but yes this happens.

The day I got the locs crocheted, I had my favourite pair of glasses on, and there is no transition point between temple and tips -- all one smooth bit of plastic sliding behind my ear. But when I grabbed for my spare pair, that has a raised point where the tip protector meets the temple, well there was all manner of ripping and snagging.

Just be careful out there!

Comments